- Made of highest quality of healthcare grade silicone
- Collects the menstrual flow, does not absorb.
- Reusable and eco-friendly – no waste.
- Soft and flexible
- Extra grip ridges for forming proper seal with vaginal walls
How to use MedFem Menstrual Cup?
How to Insert the MedFem Menstrual Cup:
Before first use, soak the MedFem Menstrual Cup in a vessel filled with hot water for 5-10 minutes or put it in an open pot of boiling water for 5-10 minutes.
STEP 1: Wash and Sterilize the MedFem Menstrual Cup: Prior to insertion, thoroughly wash your hands and sterilize The MedFem Menstrual Cup for 5-10 min with hot water or a mild, oil and fragrance-free soap. If you wash it with soap, make sure you rinse it in water thoroughly so no traces of soap remain on the cup. Wear Menstrual Cup immediately after sterilizing.
Step 2: Fold the MedFem Menstrual Cup
• Fold Option 1 (Fig. 1) Press the sides of the cup together and then fold it in half again forming a tight “U” shape; OR
• Fold Option 2 (Fig. 2) Place a finger on the top rim of the cup and press it down into the center of the inside base to form a triangle. This makes the top rim much smaller to insert.
Step 3: Hold With one hand, hold the folded sides firmly together.
Step 4: INSERT / WEAR:
Insert MedFem Menstrual Cup into the vagina, horizontally tilted towards your tailbone. Continue to insert until the stem is even with the vaginal opening and does not protrude. Make sure the cup is completely open by inserting a finger into the vagina and gently pressing on one side of the vaginal wall to create space for the cup to fully open.
How to remove the MedFem Menstrual Cup:
Thoroughly wash your hands as recommended. In a comfortable position, insert your thumb and index finger until you can reach the stem. Firmly pinch the base of the cup. Squeeze the cup gently to release the seal. As you remove it, angle it sideways while moving it from side to side.
NOTE: For first time users, remain calm if you cannot reach the stem and are unable to remove it. Follow removal instructions. Contract and flex your vaginal muscles in such a way like you are pushing a baby at the time of vaginal birth.
Empty, Clean, Sanitize and Reuse:
MedFem Menstrual Cup conveniently holds one ounce (25 ml). Clean Menstrual Cup with warm water, or use a mild, oil and fragrance-free soap.